Face blush is something particularly scary to me since it can look quite obvious and blotchy. Since i’ve been reaching for my for my daily dose of dusty rose blush for a while now, i desided that it was time to explore the aria a bit further. Feeling a bit adventurous at the time I found something sweet at the drugstore. Revolution Makeup Gold Sugar Ultra Blush Palette comes with whooping eight shades that cost only £6. Don’t be alert, in this case price does not equal quality since each shade is super pigmented and has a good lasting power.
Revolution Makeup Gold Sugar Ultra Blush Palette is categorized as a blush palette but looking at the variety of shades I would say this is more of a multi purpose product. It has few blush shades, different highlighters, a great bronzer/contour shade and some blushes can even double up as eye shadow. There also different finishes which makes this palette even more versatile. Here is a brief description of the colors and finishes starting from the top row moving to the left to right.
- Frosty white highlight shade with hints of golden is a bit too metallic to be considerate as highlight for me and my pale skin. This powder is not as finely blended and sometimes can be a bit chalky so I am most likely going to only use it as highlighter for my eyes.
- Pearl pale pink that is the perfect shade of radiant highlighter. It really catches up the light in the most natural iridescent way possible. Also great as eye shadow. One of my favorite shades from this palette.
- Pearl mauve rose pink that works equally as good as everyday blush and eye shadow. As a blush this shade has a bit of metallic finish but because of the gorgeous color you can totally get away with it.
- Shimmery golden brown shade also known as the perfect summer bronzer. This shades translates a bit more golden than it looks in the pan. It is perfect for olive or deer skin tones, to add a bit of warmth and golden glow.On pale skin this shade translates as strong golden shimmer with orange undertones. Also great when used as a crease eye shadow.
- Pale dusty pink illuminator (bottom row first from the left) has great skin enhancing properties. Almost undetectable on the skin, it leaves a light iridescent sheen. It makes your skin instantly look more radiant. It really reminds me on Hourglass Ambient Light Blushes.
- Metallic and shimmery dusty pink that only works well as eye shadow. Even in darker skin tones I cannot imagine that it could look good.
- Metallic and shimmery copper brown that is super pigmented and works great as eye shadow. On darker skin tones could add a bit of golden radiance.
- Matte and warm tone bronzer that is all in one. Works great as a crease color and it is great for contouring when with a hint of tan. It is very buttery and not super pigmented, so it gives more control during application. Love it.
Overall Revolution Makeup Gold Sugar Ultra Blush Palette is a great purchase. It comes with more eye shadow shades than blushes, making it a perfect travel companion. If you are on a budget want to experiment with different shades this is definitely for you.