Beautyblender is a type of product that you rather love or hate, once you figure how to use it. It is all that rave and beauty gurus swear by it. After weeks of trial and error I do agree that you really need this in your life. But (there is always a but) you first need to know a few interesting facts and tips that can suede you either way on the love-hate scale.
- The facts – Beautyblender is latex and fragrance free sponge, suitable for all skin types and work exceptionally well for sensitive skins. What makes this product unique is the conical shape that helps get into hard to reach arias such around the nose and eyes.
- It only works for medium to full coverage. The Beautyblender does sheer out your foundation and does not work as great when used in combination with powders.
- The magic happens only when Beautyblender is light damp but not dry. The technology behind this magical sponge does require a bit of technique. Dampen the sponge under running water, make sure all excess is squeezed out so the sponge feel very lightly damp and not wet! It is really not that hard to get the hang of it. Once you do expect the most airbrushed, flawless and streak free finish.
- Upkeep – You have to clean it after about two uses, or you are risking a breakout. Essentially this magical sponge expand once dampened. Once you finish product application, the sponge is left with traces of makeup and water bound together. Regular cleaning will not only elongates the life of this product but prevent any bacteria transfer on your skin. For cleaning I normally use solid soap, also great for cleaning makeup brushes.
- Storage – Beautyblender comes in cute packaging that you can save and store the product between uses but I got rid of long time ago and found few alternatives. Mesh zip bags are perfect for keeping away your sponge and also allows it to breathe and dry quickly after use.
There are many low cost dupes that not only look the same but also claim to deliver same if not better results. Don’t be fooled! The original Beautyblender cost about £16 and it is worth every penny. Few reasons to invest are its unique shape helping you get to the hard to reach arias, the sponge technology that does absorb very little product reducing makeup waste and product durability over time. I got mine a bit over four months ago and use it very regularly. So far there are no signs of looking grubby, loosing its shape or bounciness. If you are not a fan of brushes or simply want to invest in only one makeup application tool, Beautyblender is the one to go for. Hope my Beauty Blender review suade you towards loving this product.